Test & Integration Engineers - All Levels from Junior to Senior
Job Role: Test & Integration Engineers - All Levels from Junior to Senior Required
Salary/Rate: Excellent Salary DOE
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Clearance or Willing to Undergo
Test & Integration Engineers at Varying Levels - Permanent - Manchester - Excellent Salary DOE
A fantastic opportunity to join our client at their brand new offices based in Manchester. Our client develops software using a variety of Agile methodologies and the successful candidates will be involved fully in the software development lifecycle, working closely with the entire team in a truly Agile environment. Working for our client the successful candidates will be part of a growing team, working alongside world class partner organisations. Our client supports on-going professional development through both formal and on-the-job training to help further develop career, management and leadership potential.
Our client is looking for test & integration engineers with professional, hands on experience in an Agile delivery team using industry best of breed technology and techniques within a digital focused organisation.
- To design, develop and maintain mission critical applications and systems as part of an Agile team
- Apply test skills and experience within the context of an Agile software delivery team
- Manage test environment(s), data and tool requirements
- Create and manage automation, both function and non-functional tests and deployment scripts
- Create and perform exploratory manual testing
- Contribute to the production of test documents as required
- Provide test reporting mechanisms
- Raise defects on the backlog and support the wider development team in their resolution
- Be a bastion of Quality and help instil this in the team
- Understanding of Agile development and demonstrable application of relevant test methodologies and toolsets
- Test script development
- Experience of Automated Test Tools
- Experience of Non-Functional testing
- Experience of Exploratory testing
- Experience Working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model
- Experience of TDD/BDD
- Monitoring and Logging tools and techniques
- Experience of Source Control tools
- Experience of deploying and configuring complex software under Linux
- Experience of Continuous Integration
- Experience of scripting languages; Python, Perl
- Understanding of virtualization (e.g. VMWare and Hyper-V)
- Linux system administration skill
- Military or Government project background
- Knowledge of Information Security "best practice"
- Good interpersonal skills for customer and partner liaison
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good time management, organisation and prioritisation skills
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
- A desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team
- Ability to work under pressure
- High degree of initiative and flexibility
- Willingness to travel if required
- Degree in Numerate Subject or equivalent industry experience essential
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC Clearance or Willing to Undergo. If you do not hold an active SC Clearance or Willing to Undergo please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.