MASS is currently looking to establish a new innovation team in Gloucester to assist in delivering its mission to provide its customers in defence, intelligence and law enforcement with confidence and tools to get value from their data.
This role is central to the team which in turn is part of the Cyber Security Group within MASS.
User Researchers are key figures in our teams, working to generate the feedback and insight the teams need to build a clear picture of their users and deliver solutions that they need. They will support Product Owners by generating new and useful user insights and translating it into features and actions that will allow them to iteratively improve their product for users.
You should be experienced in using a variety of user testing methodologies to reveal actionable customer insights. You will have excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and the ability to quickly develop recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative evidence. You will need to be confident in explaining user needs to senior stakeholders, and for acting as a persuasive advocate for those needs both within the team and MASS at large. You will also be comfortable working with data, from gathering and analysis through to design and presentation.
The main responsibilities of the post are:
● Planning, designing and conducting usability testing sessions to support the design and development of our products.
● Leading the usability testing process from developing user recruitment briefs through to test moderation, analysis and report writing
● Conducting research to test new product and concept developments.
● Working with Product Owners to devise appropriate research strategies to generate focused insights and to convert concepts into high quality stimulus material
● Working closely with designers and developers to turn user data into actionable product/service requirements that feed into prototype development, and influence product direction.
● Designing, scripting and analysing ad-hoc quantitative surveys.
● Managing ad-hoc qualitative/quantitative research projects such as proposition development, visual identity and customer experience mapping
● Applying knowledge in human factors, ethnography, and the user-centred design process to product and service design in an iterative development environment
● Presenting findings and related design/business recommendations and customer insights to senior decision makers.
● Promoting user-centred design principles and best practice within MASS
This Researcher role is a full time, permanent role (37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday) and will be based in Gloucester.
Benefits will include:
• 25 days holiday
• Company pension
• Private medical insurance
• Subsidised gym membership
• Childcare vouchers
• Company benefits portal
• Share Save Scheme
• Free onsite parking
How to apply:
In order to be considered for this User Researcher role you must be eligible to hold UK security clearance.
MASS is an equal opportunities employer.
More searches like this
- Cyber Security None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Gloucester
- Defence None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Gloucester
- Engineering None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Gloucester
- Information Technology None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Gloucester