Product Owner - Innovation
MASS is currently looking to establish a new innovation team in Gloucester to assist in delivering its mis-sion to provide its customers in defence, intelligence and law enforcement with confidence and tools to get value from their data.
The Product Owner is central to the team which in turn is part of the Cyber Security Group within MASS.
We are looking to recruit a product owner able to engage with and understand our end users and identify user needs to ensure our products have real impact for our end users. You will be familiar with ap-proaches using validated learning and empirical measurement of success and have a strong desire to understand the problems that the end users are facing in unlocking the potential of their data.
The main responsibilities of the post are:
• Turning ideas into MVPs and products.
• Observing, learning about and analyzing the market.
• Observing, learning about, contacting and analyzing customers and end users of the product.
• Measuring progress (e.g. value delivered to clients in each sprint).
• Keeping in touch with every stakeholder of the product regularly.
• Report to management and stakeholders (e.g. release burndown).
• Deciding what to build and what not
• Giving feedback to the development team during the sprint to the work accomplished by the development team about their process and interactions.
• Developing and adapting the product vision.
• Writing new user stories
• Doing release planning.
• Refining your product backlog
• Providing sprint goals and new user stories for sprint planning.
• Giving feedback regarding the achievement of the sprint goal in the sprint review.
• Continuing to learn about everything Agile (e.g. visit user groups, attend conferences, read books, write blogs, etc.).
• Exchanging constantly with other product owners in the organisation (e.g. through community of practice).
• Sharing insights throughout the company regarding the product (micro-blogging, blogging, internal conferences, etc.).
Required Characteristics and Skills
• Decisive – willing and able to make decisions with incomplete information.
• Ruthless – maintaining a relentless drive to maximise value and minimise risk while staying focussed on the vision
• Informed – Cultivating an appetite to know the most possible about your product’s domain while being prepared to act with incomplete information.
• Versatile – Responsive to changing circumstances, both in terms of product development techniques and also leadership style.
• Empowering – Creating a sense of shared ownership amongst all stakeholders and bringing people along with you on the journey.
• Negotiable – having faith in one’s own vision while also being open to feedback and change.
The Product Owner role is a full time, permanent role (37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday) and will be based in Gloucester.
Benefits will include:
• 25 days holiday
• Company pension
• Private medical insurance
• Subsidised gym membership
• Childcare vouchers
• Company benefits portal
• Share Save Scheme
• Free onsite parking
How to apply:
In order to be considered for this Product Owner role you must be eligible to hold UK security clearance.
MASS is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Product Owner - Innovation
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Cyber Security None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Gloucester
- Defence None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Gloucester
- Engineering None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Gloucester
- Information Technology None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Gloucester