MASS is currently looking to establish a new team in Gloucester to assist in delivering its mission to provide its customers in defence, intelligence and law enforcement with confidence and tools to get value from their data.
Day-to-day you will be responsible for working with that team to design, create and improve new and existing products and platforms.
The main responsibilities of the post are:
- Building desktop, web and mobile products to serve a variety of user needs.
- Implementing APIs for internal and external use.
- Ensuring that all software is fully tested, fully maintained, robust and fit for purpose.
- Building up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a Continuous Deployment environment.
- Being involved in the wider development community, identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences.
- Sharing knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team, both developers and non-developers
- Contributing towards working in an agile team and helping that team meet its wider goals.
- Experience building web applications and detailed knowledge of at least one programming language
- Understanding and experience of front-end web development (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Experience working on technical projects within a team
- Knowledge of the use of version control systems such as subversion or git
- Familiarity developing Cloud hosted services
- Ability to quickly research and apply new programming tools and software engineering techniques.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud infrastructre technologies and solutions.
- Experience in the design, development and delivery of microservice-architecture solutions.
- Working knowledge of unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X
- Experience using data to improve the effectiveness of services, solutions and capabilities. Experience of working on technical projects within an agile team including experience with Atlassian JIRA and GitHub. Experience establishing automated test, build and deployment continuous integration pipelines using Jenkins and Git.
- Experience working with a complex Scrum-based Agile development environment
- An ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational database systems
- System administration and configuration management skills
- Experience of building and scaling high-traffic websites
- Understanding of the use of Responsive Web Design
- Experience of designing and maintaining public HTTP APIs
- Experience of handling large data sets and scaling their handling and storage
This Developer role is a full time, permanent role (37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday) and will be based in Gloucester.
Benefits will include:
• 25 days holiday
• Company pension
• Private medical insurance
• Subsidised gym membership
• Childcare vouchers
• Company benefits portal
• Share Save Scheme
• Free onsite parking
How to apply:
In order to be considered for this Developer role you must be eligible to hold UK security clearance.
MASS is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Developer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Cyber Security None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Gloucester
- Defence None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Gloucester
- Engineering None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Gloucester
- Information Technology None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Gloucester