Data Analytics Engineer
MASS is currently looking to establish a new innovation team in Gloucester to assist in delivering its mission to provide its customers in defence, intelligence and law enforcement with confidence and tools to get value from their data.
The Data Analytics Engineer is part of the team which in turn is part of the Cyber Security Group within MASS.
Day-to-day you will be responsible for building, developing, interpreting and maintaining our data analytics services that provide comprehensive data analysis.
The main responsibilities of the post are:
- Helping stakeholders and customers understand and use their data sets.
- Designing, implementing and developing data analytics systems to securely extract, store and interpret data.
- Implementing APIs for internal and external use.
- Ensuring that all software is fully tested, fully maintained, robust and fit for purpose.
- Being involved in the wider development community, identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences.
- Sharing knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team, both developers and non-developers.
- Providing accurate, up to date and comprehensive data from our services to help the team to measure its effectiveness in meeting end user goals.
- Contributing towards working in an agile team and helping that team meet its wider goals
- Experience of "big data" systems and architecture needed to extract, store and analyse customers data sets,
- Detailed knowledge of at least node, java, mongo DB, and apache spark.
- An excellent understanding of the latest data mining tools available and when and how to use those tools
- A commitment to producing exemplary solutions that are fully reviewed, tested and production ready
- To work with other members of the team to champion the highest technical and engineering standards including setting standards and reviewing code.
- The ability to curate and grow our customers data sets and work with key senior stakeholders to help them understand, interpret the quantitative and qualitative data that we produce.
- Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques
- System administration and configuration management skills
- The use of Jenkins and Git to aid Continuous Integration
- The ability to create clear, visual interpretations of data sets.
- An understanding of AWS and the use of its infrastructure tools to build efficient microservices
- Experience of working in a agile environment
This Data Analytics Engineer role is a full time, permanent role (37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday) and will be based in Gloucester.
Benefits will include:
• 25 days holiday
• Company pension
• Private medical insurance
• Subsidised gym membership
• Childcare vouchers
• Company benefits portal
• Share Save Scheme
• Free onsite parking
How to apply:
In order to be considered for this Data Analytics Engineer role you must be eligible to hold UK security clearance.
MASS is an equal opportunities employer.
More searches like this
- Cyber Security None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Gloucester
- Defence None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Gloucester
- Engineering None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Gloucester
- Information Technology None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Gloucester