MASS is currently looking to establish a new team in Gloucester to assist in delivering its mission to provide its customers in defence, intelligence and law enforcement with confidence and tools to get value from their data.
This is a position for an experienced cloud engineer to help build and manage the systems and infrastructure used to create, deploy, operate, monitor and maintain our services. Candidates must have strong cloud engineering technical skills and be ready to quickly get to work within a multi-disciplinary team of developers, designers, editors, and data analysts.
Day-to-day you will be responsible for working within the team to build, deploy and maintain our ecosystem, using AWS services to provide a scalable, secure, cost effective platform on which we can deliver our services.
The main responsibilities of the post are:
- Understanding our ecosystem and evolving how it is maintained on our AWS platform.
- Working within our team to help design and operate a scalable, robust, cost effective toolset for the development, testing, deployment and system monitoring of all our services.
- Keeping abreast of the latest AWS and cloud infrastructure technology and championing that technology within the team.
- Building and configuring new server platforms through the appropriate use of automated tooling.
- Automating and streamlining our systems operations and processes.
- Escalating potential risk - adhering to escalation processes, standard responses and issues/crisis guidelines
- Testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems.
- Sharing knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team, both developers and non-developers.
- To help ensure the correct incident response procedures are maintained and evolved to meet the services' evolving security needs.
- Contributing towards working in an agile team and helping that team meet its wider goals
- Experience of creating, deploying and maintaining complicated, automated and streamlined operations and processes across AWS and other cloud services.
- Excellent system administration and configuration management skills
- Extensive knowledge of AWS and the use of its infrastructure tools to build efficient microservices
- Experience of working on technical projects within an agile team including use of Jenkins and Git to aid Continuous Integration
- Ability to quickly research and learn new cloud engineering tools and techniques
- The ability to spot warning signs of things going wrong and provide a decisive response to delivery challenges.
- Experience of working in an agile environment.
This Cloud Engineer role is a full time, permanent role (37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday) and will be based in Gloucester.
Benefits will include:
- 25 days holiday
- Company pension
- Private medical insurance
- Subsidised gym membership
- Childcare vouchers
- Company benefits portal
- Share Save Scheme
- Free onsite parking
How to apply:
In order to be considered for this Cloud Engineer role you must be eligible to hold UK security clearance.
MASS is an equal opportunities employer.
More searches like this
- Cyber Security None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Gloucester
- Defence None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Gloucester
- Engineering None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Gloucester
- Information Technology None / Undisclosed Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Gloucester