Software / Control Systems Engineer (PLC & Matlab)
Modis are currently recruiting for a contract Software / Control Systems Engineer that has significant experience of MatLab as well as Siemens PLC equipment & software (S7, 1500, TIA Portal) for a Nuclear Defence company based in Dorset.
As one of the leading organisations in their industry, they design and manufacture niche and sometime safety critical equipment, it is imperative that the Software Engineer has experience working within either the same industry, or similar (ie Defence, Nuclear, Aerospace, Naval, Oil & Gas etc).
Rate: £40-48 per hour
Location: Wimborne, Dorset
Duration: 6 months rolling
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: Must be eligible for SC clearance - candidates can start on a BPSS.
Key Skills required
- Minimum degree qualified in a Software Engineering related discipline
- Significant experience in developing & delivering commercial quality software
- Software configuration management/version control [e.g. Subversion]
- Significant experience with Siemens PLC equipment & software [S7, 1500, TIA Portal]
- Experience with Mathworks MATLAB
- HMI design experience would be useful, particularly using Siemens WinCC
- Experience with NI LabVIEW would be advantageous
Please Note: All candidates that are interested in this position will have to undergo the Security Vetting process and only candidates eligible for SC level security clearance can be considered.
If this role is of interest, please click the apply button below in order to send your CV to the recruitment consultant liaising with the client, and they will call you ASAP to discuss the role in more detail with the view of putting in a formal application.
Apply for Software / Control Systems Engineer (PLC & Matlab)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly