The Training Support function provides a broad range of training consultancy and support services to defence, civil authorities and the commercial sector. An Information Manager is required to be employed supporting all aspects of Information Management to the EU OHQ Op ATALANTA.
Act as an intermediary between Op ATALANTA staff and technical support team on all matters relating to Information Management
Organise, Chair and Minute User Group meetings which facilitate the flow of information between the users and management
Attend Management Planning meetings to present the Information Management viewpoint in a forum established to manage the CIS support to the Op ATALANTA mission
Attend problem resolution meetings to provide advice on outstanding IM issues to allow management to make informed decisions and prioritisations
Maintain MS SharePoint site (Site Collection Administrator standard) and maintain Configuration Management documentation appropriate for a closed and accredited system
Brief and train new staff on the principles of Information Management and the use of MS SharePoint
Maintain Information Management policy documentation
Comply with all relevant internal rules, policy and procedures, including those relating to Health and Safety, Data Protection etc., and all those contained within the issued Employee Handbook
Undertake other duties and tasks that from time to time may be allocated to the jobholder that are appropriate to (the grade of) the job
Judgement and decision making:
Innovative and creative ideas are important to meet project task objectives. Role required to set out options to meet the customers’ requirements
There is no validation of material of others
Main thinking challenges involve formulating technical solutions which fit within current data solutions but do not adversely impact any other areas
Business direction and impact:
Actions taken and recommendations made have an impact on short term day to day project work (area of work). These actions can have an impact on the reputation of the company and ultimately the satisfaction of the client. The responsibility of which sits with the PM
Problems associated with network users
Issues arising that affect the project delivery, misunderstanding of project expectations and issues with client dependencies are examples where the problem will be referred upwards
There is no involvement on project or organisation strategic planning. There is no involvement with policy direction and the impact of the work is of a short term nature
Poor delivery may have an impact on meeting customer expectations and therefore may have an effect on the project revenue
Client Relationships: Owns client relationship at working level especially the technical client and middle management. Mandatory Skill Requirements
- Relevant experience with MS SharePoint 2013;
- MS SharePoint Administrator Experience, including managing content, site architecture, users, groups and permissions;
- Experience of Windows 7;
- Experienced user of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office products, particularly Outlook, Excel, Word and Internet Explorer.
- Experience in a customer-facing IT support role;
- IT help desk management experience;
- Relevant experience in 1st line support;
- Display calmness and the ability to solve problems under pressure;
- Ability to communicate and be robust with wide range of customers at all levels;
- Good customer/stakeholder relationship management skills;
- Capable of hands on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions;
- Ability to use own initiative;
- Extremely well organised and with the ability to effectively prioritise tasks;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
Desirable Skill Requirements
- Experience with relational databases, web design and/or programming;
- Knowledge of the defence industry and UK armed forces;
- Commercial experience desirable;
- Previous consultancy experience.
- SharePoint qualification to SharePoint Site Collection Administrator standard (e.g. QA QASP13MC Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Master Class).
This role is for 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday and based in Northwood, Greater London. This is a fixed term contract until 21st December 2018. Full company benefits will apply. MASS is an equal opportunities employer.