Technical Author - S1000D
Modis are currently recruiting for a Technical Author on a contract basis (six months initially) for a Defence company based in Buckinghamshire. The successful candidate will have to have previous Technical Publications experience working on MoD projects.
Role: Technical Author
Rate: up to £31 per hour
Duration: Initial 6 months
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: Eligible for SC clearance
- Agreeing with the relevant stakeholders the scope and depth of the information sets to be included in Technical Publications and providing and agreeing estimates of the work to be undertaken.
- Maintaining the Data Module Requirements List.
- Developing the required Technical Publications, including illustrations.
- Maintaining own work within the Common Source Data Base.
- Publishing Technical Publications to the appropriate output format for the project (e.g. Interactive PDF, Naval DBRs, ATA CMM, APs).
- Sourcing the necessary information for developing assigned work items by engaging with stakeholders, employing a variety of communication channels as necessary (face to face, email, phone).
- Ensuring reviewers are aware of the structure, format and review process for Technical Publications and for capturing and addressing reviewer comments.
- Ensuring deliverables comply (where applicable) with the relevant project standards, mandated requirements and international best practice (e.g. ASD/AIA S1000d, ASD STE-100).
Please note: Only apply if you are eligible for SC level security clearance. Due to the nature of the projects the client works on, the successful candidate will have to undergo a security clearance vetting process.
If this is of interest - please click the apply button below and we'll discuss the role in more detail over the phone.