Head of Information Management Business Development
The Information Management as a Service group is looking to welcome a new Head of Business Development for Information Management into the company. This role will support the group vision of enhancing operational performance through data insight and business change. Successful delivery will incorporate the active promotion of its business process re-engineering, business intelligence, system integration and performance management service capabilities as well as its supporting analytics, bespoke and COTS software products.
The successful candidate will be key to the growth of this business area as well as the wider MASS business portfolio, and as such they will have the ability to demonstrate a strong track record in winning business, ideally in the UK defence, aerospace or energy and utilities markets. Supporting one of our key values as a people business, this role will be required to evidence a strong personal network which is clearly still growing, as well as generating new business through new networking opportunities and direct approaches.
- Proven business development skills will include; Identifying and building relationships with potential customers;
- Assisting customers in developing relevant requirements;
- Working with technical and commercial staff to develop formal and informal bids and tender documents;
- Contract negotiation and closing deals;
- Market analysis;
- Demonstrable leadership skills;
- Strong presentational and interpersonal skills;
- Account management
Applicants should possess a natural authority and persuasive leadership style with strong interpersonal skills used to engage at a senior level with our customers. We seek someone dedicated, self-motivated, proactive, and adaptable. This is a senior appointment offering considerable autonomy and will report directly to the Business Development Director.
Mandatory Skill Requirements:
- Business Change Consultancy: MOD Procurement; Performance Management; Process Management
- Tools & Methodologies: Campaign and capture planning; Bid Writing; Business Case generation; P3M; Shipley
- Applications: Competent in the use of the full suite of MS Office applications; experience in utilising or; knowledge of solutions using data to improve process and business performance
- Markets: Knowledge and experience of selling directly to Defence, Aerospace or Energy and Utilities markets; OR Experience of selling product and services solutions into a broad range of public and private sector markets
- Other: Proven business development skills including formulation of business strategy.
Desirable Skill Requirements:
- Business Change Consultancy: Logistics; Platform Maintenance; Business Intelligence; Contracting for Availability/Support; System Integration/Implementation
- Tools & Methodologies: Business Planning; Strategic marketing
- Other: Consultancy/technical/engineering background; Knowledge and design of business development processes; Experience in promoting / marketing service offerings using digital platforms
The successful candidate will be required to hold, or be in a position to qualify for NSV Security Clearance.
This role is for 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday and based in Lincoln. Full company benefits will apply.
Benefits will include:
- 25 days holiday
- Company pension
- Private medical insurance
- Subsidised gym membership
- Childcare vouchers
- Company benefits portal
- Share Save Scheme
- Free onsite parking
MASS is an equal opportunities employer.