The MASS Electronic Warfare Operational Support division provides EW services, products, training and consultancy to a range of government and defence customers.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, well-motivated systems engineer with knowledge and skills in the defence environment and preferably with some software programming and integration skills. You will be required to undertake a wide variety of engineering tasks including:
- System/Sub-System(s) requirements capture, analysis and decomposition
- System/Sub-System(s) design, analysis, and specification
- Production of documentation - System Engineering plans, Integration, Validation, Verification plans, System Design Documents etc.
- Assist in production and delivery of presentations for design and test reviews
- Bid Support, including work package, technical proposal and statement of work production
The Systems Engineer should be able to demonstrate a sound grasp of scientific/engineering theory balanced with a practical approach to solving engineering problems. They will also be a good communicator, both verbally and in writing, working with a variety of suppliers and key stakeholders. Mandatory Skill Requirements:
- System Modelling in UML, BPMN & SysM
- Requirements management
- Experience of Enterprise Architect or equivalent, DOORs or equivalent
- Experience of MS Office, Visio etc.
- Ability to assimilate system engineering concepts
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to none-experts both written and orally
- Hold, or be prepared to undergo, UK security clearance
- Full UK driving licence
Desirable Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge of Weapon Systems
- Knowledge of the Electronic Warfare, Defence, or Radar markets
- Knowledge of electronic warfare principles and air platform protection requirements.
- Experience of software development or working as a systems engineer on software development products/applications
This role is for 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday and based in Lincoln.
Benefits will include:
- 25 days holiday
- Company pension
- Private medical insurance
- Subsidised gym membership
- Childcare vouchers
- Company benefits portal
- Share Save Scheme
- Free onsite parking
MASS is an equal opportunities employer.