MASS delivers services and solutions that improve the security, efficiency and effectiveness of electronic and computer based operations. We develop and integrate technically challenging electronic and software systems and undertake innovative research work as well as supporting customers with managed services, consulting and training.
Operating mainly in the Defence and Security markets, we also serve education clients. We are seeking an a Senior Buyer with supply chain experience to join our team because of increased activity in these areas.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience of Defence contracting with MOD, Defence Primes and overseas governments.
The role will involve:
Management of the Purchasing Department (currently 1.4 FTE) with a focus on continuous improvement within purchasing.
Identify key suppliers, draft and negotiate long term supplier agreements and discounts, ensure the flow-down of customer requirements / terms and conditions where applicable.
Monitor supplier performance (KPIs, delivery to agreed SoW etc.), taking corrective action as required.
Agree payment terms / milestones to ensure MASS achieves specified cash flow targets with relevant projects.
Manage and continuously review the Purchase Order System to ensure it is accurate, up to date and consistently meets the requirements of the business; while ensuring data accuracy and integrity are maintained.
Continually review the overall value offered by existing suppliers and ensure that the Company’s purchasing remains competitive.
Liaise with stakeholders and suppliers to assist with the regular re-negotiations of terms of business / service agreements and performance.
Lead continuous process improvement initiatives for the purchasing function, including involvement in the roll-out of an ERP solution within the purchasing department, scheduled for late 2018.
Work with Bid and Project Managers to identify and understand business requirements for goods & services procurement; identify opportunities for cost savings.
Generate purchasing reports, bid proposals, requirements documentation and tender documents.
Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time. Mandatory Skill Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years' experience of buying / procurement in an IT environment
- Excellent understanding of Purchasing and best practice
- Experience in dealing with a wide variety of suppliers
- Strong background of negotiating procurement / buying terms
- High level of computer literacy, including MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook, MS Office
- Knowledge of the following markets: UK Defence and Public Sector; Information Security; Cyber Security; Law Enforcement.
- Confident and assertive with a professional attitude and demeanour
- Team player
- Customer focus
- Meticulous and organised
- Adaptable / flexible approach to work
Desirable Skill Requirements
- Familiarity with Purchasing modules of ERP systems
- Experience of Overseas defence contracts and/or Education contracts
- Knowledge of ISO 44001 (BS11000)
This role is for 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday and based in St. Neots. The salary is £35,000 to £40,000 plus full company benefits.
Benefits will include:
- 25 days holiday
- Company pension
- Private medical insurance
- Subsidised gym membership
- Childcare vouchers
- Company benefits portal
- Share Save Scheme
- Free onsite parking
How to apply:
In order to be considered for this Senior Buyer role you must be able to achieve UK NSV security clearances.
MASS is an equal opportunities employer.