Engineering Team Leader
An opportunity to further your career within a market leading company that houses the most interesting engineering projects in the country and world. This employer offers great career prospects and opportunities to work within a fantastic working environment.
High-end technology, market leading business, great salary and benefits in Hampshire.
- Provide effective line management and trusted leadership for the hardware/systems team so that they perform well individually and together.
- Ensure that the hardware/systems design and development processes are carried out and documented properly by the team. This includes the production of requirements, design and test documentation, plus identification and definition of the resulting tasks for the team.
- Provide accurate estimates of the effort and materials needed for projects and ensure the team meets those estimates in practice.
- Prioritise and allocate the activities of the team to best meet the timescales as agreed with the project managers and the Chief Engineer.
- Ensure that the systems offered to customers will be met by the delivered product, through detailed understanding of the requirements and the solutions being produced by the team.
- Ensure that the team provide expert support in resolving issues raised elsewhere in the business, notably with the other engineering and test teams.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience in leading a team of engineers in a multi-project environment.
- Experience of project management tools and concepts.
- Experience in specifying, designing and/or integrating complex electronic systems.
- Experience communicating and presenting detailed engineering concepts to a technical audience.
- Good understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle, V-model process and requirements management tools.
- Competency in standard engineering principles, practices and tools.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of one of the most forward thinking companies in the UK and to further develop your own skills and capabilities.
If you believe that the prior details are relevant to your recent work experience then please do not hesitate to apply to this advert with your up to date CV. Alternatively, you can submit your CV to steven(dot)mitchell(at)modis(dot)co(dot)uk