FPGA Design Engineer
An opportunity to further your career within a market leading company that houses the most interesting engineering projects in the country and world. This employer offers great career prospects and opportunities to work within a fantastic working environment.
High-end technology, market leading business, great salary and benefits in Staffordshire.
We have a requirement for a FPGA design engineer in the power converters and motors group. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will join their dedicated project team that is challenged with the task of delivering robust and cost effective designs for real time power and motor control applications.
Key responsibilities required for this role will include:
- FPGA Implementation including requirements capture, VHDL RTL coding and physical stages
- Writing and execution of VHDL testbench code and other IV&V activities
- Safety related design process development and maintenance
- Model Based design techniques using Matlab/Simulink modeling and simulation
- Requirements tracking, configuration control, incident reporting and project documentation
- Lab support during hardware development stages
- Proven track record of FPGA/ASIC design
- Comprehensive knowledge of VHDL with practical experience in successful projects
- Experience of model based design using tools such as Matlab/Simulink is preferable
- Capability of working to formal FPGA/ASIC design processes is essential
- Broad knowledge of digital electronics and other areas of engineering.
- Good knowledge of best practice design lifecycle process; gated design phases, design reviews
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of one of the most forward thinking companies in the UK and to further develop your own skills and capabilities.
If you believe that the prior details are relevant to your recent work experience then please do not hesitate to apply to this advert with your up to date CV. Alternatively, you can submit your CV to steven(dot)mitchell(at)modis(dot)co(dot)uk