Java Software Developer
5 days left
- Job Type
Java Software Developer
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Software Developer with knowledge in designing software architectures utilising Java EE/Spring technologies across windows/Linux application archetypes as well as with Relational/NoSQL database server, setup, performance tuning and replication. The role is a 6 month initial contract in Portsmouth and will require the individual to undergo BPSS clearance and hold a current SC Clearance.
The successful candidate will have experience of modern development methodologies with fluency in Maven, CI (Jenkins) and Test Driven Development as well as maintaining and developing current software products, a number of legacy C++ products need to be re-architected in Java to fulfil customer requirements.
Knowledge and Experience
- Agile SCRUM and full SDLC experience with JIRA / TFS
- Application and Service software architect background in Java on both Windows and Linux platforms, XML, JSON messaging / IDE (Eclipse / IDEA) Data Modelling skills / Data Transformation Services / Design patterns / SQL / User Interface Design Skills / Relational and NoSQL Databases.
- Windows & Linux configurations (physical and virtual) of Servers & Clients
- Demonstrable experience of developing client/server or distributed software solutions in Java.
- Good working knowledge of database architecture and design
Software Development Experience
- Java 8 (a strong background of experience )
- Importance of TDD
- Scalable distributed server side architecture experience
- Documentation skills (UML)
- Server Side applications (Java 8, AKKA/ Spring (Boot, IO, Integration/ RDBMS / NoSQL Db frameworks)
- Connectivity and protocol stack experience (sockets TCP/UDP)
- Can work independently and quickly to a high standard
- TDD experience (HTTPUnit/DbUnit/XMLUnit,JUnit, etc.)
- Agile (Scrum/Kanban : Jira)
- Jenkins / Maven
- Functional Programming
- Actor Based Concurrency
- Reactive Development Methodologies
- Mentoring and Lead Capabilities
- BDD Behaviour driven development and Specification Testing
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
Apply for Java Software Developer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly