Lead Technical Authority - Electrical Engineering
4 days left
- Job Type
Working for one of the area's largest employers and enjoying an excellent work/life balance, we can offer a competitive basic salary plus generous holiday entitlement, nine day working fortnight, workplace pension scheme and additional flexible benefits scheme.
There are many exciting projects underway with unique buildings in the services and equipment fit out stage and major new facilities in the design stage. If you take this role you will be faced with many unique technical challenges. You will be dealing with major production facilities involving various hazardous materials. You will require an in-depth knowledge of electrical regulations and standards and be capable of the intelligent application of them to a wide and diverse range of buildings and processes, including the management of ageing plant and equipment through to the latest emerging technologies. This role will provide you with the opportunity to use your technical knowledge and experience to the full and develop skills in leadership leading to opportunities in more senior managerial roles.
We are currently looking to recruit a Lead Technical Authority - Electrical Engineering to lead and drive the following:
- Manage a small team of subject matter experts within electrical engineering covering HV/LV distribution and electrical building services systems
- de the focal point for advice, information and expertise about policy, best practice and engineering knowledge with regards to electrical engineering across the whole of AWE
- Provide the definitive AWE interpretation on issues relating to electrical engineering
- Creation and development of relevant company guides, standards and processes for electrical engineering
- Review and audit designs against legislation, standards, best practice and company requirements
- Ensure up to date knowledge of standards and legislation is disseminated and understood by relevant stakeholders
- Carry out checks and inspections to ensure that best practice is being followed
- Ensure communication is maintained with other relevant disciplines across the company
- Use technical knowledge to assist in the achievement of Right First Time design
- Carry out competency assessments of electrical design engineers and technical assessments of companies providing electrical engineering services for AWE
- Provide an Intelligent Customer interface with Regulators at a corporate level
- Provide independent assessments of electrical engineering performance to the Facilities Design Authority
- Provide leadership on behalf of Engineering (Sites & Assets) Engineering Design Authority
- Shape the future to inspire trust, build effective relationships to clarify purpose, energise the team to deliver results, and be a model for personal excellence, integrity and accountability
Suitable candidate will have extensive experience in designing and managing design production of electrical systems in large complex production or manufacturing organisations preferably within a highly regulated industry.
Membership of an appropriate professional institute preferably at Chartered Engineer level but as a minimum at Incorporated Engineer with equivalent academic qualifications (minimum HNC/HND).
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.