The Mechanical Technician is employed within the NATO Joint Electronic Warfare Core Staff (JEWCS) Technical Support Branch as a part of the Base Support team. The Base Support team are responsible for the in-hangar maintenance of an ageing fleet of Electronic Warfare training systems and associated general support equipment. The Mechanical Technician is responsible for performing highly diversified duties on a variety of equipment including undertaking routine maintenance, fault diagnosis, repairs and minor modification on diesel generators, equipment shelters, antenna pedestals, and Land Rover support vehicles. The role also involves the design and fabrication of bespoke items, utilising in-house facilities and through liaison with external agencies. The incumbent is also responsible for maintaining the JEWCS Engineering drawing database using the AUTOCAD application. Mandatory Skill Requirements:
- General / power tools including abrasive wheel;
- Fabrication in metal and plastic / composite materials;
- Basic vehicle maintenance;
- Diesel generator sets.
Desirable Skill Requirements:
- Electrical systems experience (3-phase distribution / Air Conditioning Units);
- Working knowledge of AUTOCAD;
- Valid Full Driving Licence.
- Security Clearance.
- Level 3 / 4 qualification in a mechanical engineering related subject.
This role is for 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday and based in Yeovilton. The salary is £17,000 to £22,000 plus full company benefits.
Benefits will include:
- 25 days holiday
- Company pension
- Private medical insurance
- Subsidised gym membership
- Childcare vouchers
- Company benefits portal
- Share Save Scheme
- Free onsite parking
How to apply:
In order to be considered for this Mechanical Technician role you must be eligible to hold DV clearance.
MASS is an equal opportunities employer.