Salary dependant on experience
Engineering / Defence / Aerospace / Military
East Sussex, UK
Purpose of Position
- To work within the Electronic Systems Supply Chain Group as a Buyer supporting various programme requirements.
- Possess market knowledge to inform product and service selection
- Manage a number of large business critical Suppliers/Subcontractors
- Be the primary Point of Contact and pivotal channel of communication between the Programme and Suppliers
- Sourcing and Procuring Electrical and Mechanical Product to Best Price, to the right specification and time scales to meet manufacturing requirements.
- Raising of Purchase Orders and ensuring adherence to required date
- Supplier metrics
- Management of Purchase Orders within ERP system.
- Expediting outstanding Purchase Order.
- Monthly updates to the ERP system prices, MOQ, lead-times and export classifications.
- Supplier development.
- Ensure compliance with various client initiatives i.e Gain Share, Business continuity, Counterfeit awareness etc.
- Effectively support communication of the SCM status (commodities and suppliers) during program reviews
Required Skills & Abilities
- Purchasing experience with in a manufacturing background.
- ERP/MRP experience
- Negotiation and cost management experience
- Change Management experience
Required Education & Experience
- Degree level education or Equivalent Experience
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP
- Six Sigma practitioner/ Lean manufacturing.
Experience of Product Development programmes.
If your skill sand experience match this role, please apply.
Alternatively email me an up to date CV to stuart(dot)macdonald(at)modis(dot)co(dot)uk