4 days left
- Job Type
Salary dependant on experience
Engineering / Defence / Aerospace / Military
East Sussex, UK
Purpose of Position
- To work within the Electronic Systems Supply Chain Group as a Buyer supporting various programme requirements.
- Possess market knowledge to inform product and service selection
- Manage a number of large business critical Suppliers/Subcontractors
- Be the primary Point of Contact and pivotal channel of communication between the Programme and Suppliers
- Sourcing and Procuring Electrical and Mechanical Product to Best Price, to the right specification and time scales to meet manufacturing requirements.
- Raising of Purchase Orders and ensuring adherence to required date
- Supplier metrics
- Management of Purchase Orders within ERP system.
- Expediting outstanding Purchase Order.
- Monthly updates to the ERP system prices, MOQ, lead-times and export classifications.
- Supplier development.
- Ensure compliance with various client initiatives i.e Gain Share, Business continuity, Counterfeit awareness etc.
- Effectively support communication of the SCM status (commodities and suppliers) during program reviews
Required Skills & Abilities
- Purchasing experience with in a manufacturing background.
- ERP/MRP experience
- Negotiation and cost management experience
- Change Management experience
Required Education & Experience
- Degree level education or Equivalent Experience
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP
- Six Sigma practitioner/ Lean manufacturing.
Experience of Product Development programmes.
If your skill sand experience match this role, please apply.
Alternatively email me an up to date CV to stuart(dot)macdonald(at)modis(dot)co(dot)uk
Apply for Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly