Senior Project Planner
Babcock is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation employing over 28,000 people across the world. Babcock offer a hugely diverse number of career options.
Location: Annesley, Nottinghamshire and various operational sites throughout the UK
We are recruiting for the role of Senior Project Planner within the Power business area of Network Engineering. The role will be based at our Nottinghamshire office but will require regular travel to and working from various operational sites throughout the UK.
The main purpose of this role is to produce robust and detailed programmes off all works associated with design, procurement and construction phases of major overhead power line projects.
As a Senior Project Planner your responsibilities will include:
- Building and implementing construction planning and programmes; including resources, outages, consents and wayleaves.
- Producing detailed trackers to collect and report progress.
- Assist with the development of the planning culture throughout the business.
- Assist with the full integration of the Company's cost management system to deliver automatic CPI/SPI reports.
- Participate in project handover meetings with the Bids, Project Management and Quantity Surveying teams.
- Working with the Planning Manager to ensure that the planning function interfaces effectively with the other departments. This will involve visiting our design and supply chain offices when necessary, as well as attending the relevant site locations to liaise with the Site/Construction Manager(s).
- Supporting programme integration, governance, formats, plant/resource optimisation, and planning best practices.
- Working closely with the Project Manager and Project Q.S. to maximise the potential of each project, attend site meetings when necessary to discuss progress and update the project plan together with reporting back on any knock on effects to the business unit.
- Taking responsibility for meeting agreed business and project targets, control costs in achieving to achieve targets, managing risks effectively and delivering all agreed outputs, within the agreed economics and safety regulatory framework.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a proven track record of delivering change and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Be highly motivated with strong planning, business analysis and project management skills.
- Be able to influence and build strong relationships through communicating and collaborating with people at all levels.
- Have working knowledge of business planning applications.
- Have extensive experience of integrated planning solutions with strong involvement of systems support and development.
Benefits of the role
- Competitive Salary, with benefits
Babcock has over 80 years' experience in high voltage overhead power line design, construction and refurbishment. Our activities range from one-off projects to fully managed turn-key construction and refurbishment programmes.
Closing Date: Friday 9th March 2018
All applications should be made online. If you experience difficulties please click here Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.