Senior Asset and Configuration Manager, Home Office, up to £475/day
Our client, the The Home Office, are seeking a Senior Asset and Configuration Manager, to join them at Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon, CR9 2BY
Team: Home Office//HO Core//Corporate Services//Technology//Live Services
Initial contracts will run for 12 months and offer a rate up to £475/Day.
IR35 STATUS: Inside IR35 legislation. Candidates would be required to operate through an umbrella company on this engagement.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 28/02/2018 at 09:30
This role requires Active SC clearance. Applicants require active SC clearance or the willingness to go through clearance before starting on site. Candidates with current clearance will be preferred.
1. Provide reporting to stakeholders, executive and financial management, including asset management reports, configuration item analysis reports and inventory reports
2. Optimise IT configurations capabilities and resources
3. Identify and manage configuration and asset risks and issues in accordance with standard HOIT processs
4. Assist in developing SACM policies, processes, procedures and quality standards with key stakeholders
5. Assist in developing the Configuration Management System Data Model
The role will work in the Asset & Configuration Management team, where the some of the team's objective are to manage the IT hardware asset, and their configuration across the HO estate, ensuring an accurate CMS / CMDB to support other HO functions.
The individual's key duties and responsibilities will include activities:
- Regular maintenance of CMS / CMDB, ensuring assets are accounted for and components are accurately reflected;
- Own the activities required to capture, populate, update and audit CIs;
- Build and maintain relationships key internal and external stakeholders (customers, colleagues and suppliers)
- Engage with the cross government management teams and represent the Agency in all functions
- Ensure potential or actual breaches of IT and information security policies and procedures are escalated.
- Assist auditors to audit activities of the SACM team for compliance with agreed procedures
- Provide support to the rest of the Asset & Configuration Management Team as and when required
1. Good understanding of Asset and Configuration Management and ITIL;
2. Excellent MS Excel skills
3. Educated to Degree level or equivalent
4. ServiceNow experience
5. Knowledge of Software Asset Management
6. ITIL Foundation Certificate V3
1.Educated to Degree level or equivalent
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, this role will not offer Visa sponsorship. Tier 2 – General visas cannot be accepted.
Other Job Postings
Visit https://quast.workable.com for all current Quast recruitment job vacancies.