Project Accountant, MOD, up to £465/day
Our client, the Ministry of Defence, are seeking a Project Accountant, to join them at 216 Squadron, Brize Norton, Carterton OX18 3LX
Team: MOD//MOD Core//Air Command//Director Of Resources//HQ Staffs And Support
Initial contracts will run for 6 months and offer a rate up to £465/Day.
IR35 STATUS: Inside IR35 legislation. Candidates would be required to operate through an umbrella company on this engagement.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 27/02/2018 at 09:15
This role requires Active SC clearance. Applicants require active SC clearance or the willingness to go through clearance before starting on site. Candidates with current clearance will be preferred.
Work within the project team on a day to day basis - provide direct link between project and Air's Transformation Programme Management Office (TPMO) and Finance Team.
- Agree and validate financial baselines for Workstream in consultation with Business Finance Manager.
- Develop robust financial assumptions for projects, which are owned by the project team and recognised by Business Finance Managers (including the Transformation Programme Management Office (TPMO) finance manager).
- Work with TPMO finance manager to identify and address 'double-counts' with other projects.
- Ensure financial assumptions are phased in line with key project milestones.
- Develop financial tracking reports for project, aligned with RAF and TPMO artefacts.
- Monitor financial performance of the project on a monthly basis against the baseline & targets.
- Ensure savings are captured and validated with Business & Finance Managers (BFM) (including TPMO finance manager) on a monthly basis.
- Identify and capture financial risks and issues for the project: feed into project lead, Senior Responsible Owner (SRO) and BFMs accordingly - and vice versa, highlighting external risks/pressures and capture impact on project outputs.
- Attend and input into TPMO sessions with the project team.
- Provide coaching and upskilling to the project team to improve financial awareness.
- Carry out wider financial analysis to identify additional opportunities for financial savings.
- Co-operate with Air Command in complying with relevant health and safety legislation, policies and procedures in the performance of the duties of the post.
- To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with Air Commands equal opportunities policies.
- To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel & MS Projects.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ICAI, ICAS, CIFA, CIMA, ACCA)
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, this role will not offer Visa sponsorship. Tier 2 – General visas cannot be accepted.
Other Job Postings
Visit https://quast.workable.com for all current Quast recruitment job vacancies.