Transformation Programme Manager - Home Office DDaT
A Live Services Transformation Programme Manager is required by the Home Office for a 12-month contract based at Lunar House, Croydon with travel to other HO sites across the UK.
**The client has stated that this role is "IN-SCOPE" for the Off-Payroll Worker legislation - Maximum day rate: £770 Umbrella / £683 for PSC - Deemed PAYE **
The Home Office DDaT is undergoing a transformation programme across its Live Services Operation. Reporting the Head of Transformation, you will help define one of the Live Services programmes delivery structure and strategy.
- Build of internal capability to enable DDaT to operate its IT services in a converged service integration operating model.
- Regular identification and delivery of critical path milestones which enable business benefits to be realised.
- On-boarding of Business Service Portfolios to the centralised DDaT service integration operating model.
- Transformation of the DDaT Enterprise Services organisation into a sustainable operating model, fit to operate the future IT Services of the Home Office.
Essential skills and knowledge:
- Prior experience of transforming IT Operations, IT Service Management functions and broader IT departments.
- Significant and demonstrable leadership of IT transformation programmes (in excess of £10m).
- Experience of working in a challenging and complex public sector environment
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to translate and understand complex business requirements
- Qualifications and experience in implementing ITIL-based frameworks
- Proven experience of building in-house capability across a complex and diverse technology function.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders (external and internal customers) and actively managing the stakeholder expectations through appropriate communications, reporting, assurance and governance.
- Excellent skills in planning, financial management and benefits realisation.
- Mobilising and building required programme capability throughout programme execution, providing leadership to project and programme based staff, with management of suppliers, subcontractors and associates where required.
- Establishing and fostering a highly collaborative, constructive and engaging culture within the Enterprise Services Transformation programme. Empowering individuals and develop the team towards becoming a High Performing Team (HPT)
- Shaping and planning of the programme including the overall schedule and governance with selection and/or application of appropriate methodologies, processes and tools; refining and enhancing the project, programme or portfolio schedule, resources, estimates and costs to complete and the execution against an agreed schedule, milestones and cost baseline.
- Defining work packages to provide a clear articulation of how programme products will be produced, which include approach, resources, timeframes and outputs.
- Pro-active management of internal and external key programme controls including (but not limited to) RAID, financials (forecast costs to complete, technical and management contingency and capital cost), quality, scope and schedule performance, ensuring delivery of the agreed scope against the agreed contract, acceptance criteria, SLAs and change requests.
SC - Security clearance is required by the successful candidate prior to the start of this role.