Software Engineer: DSP Product Research & Development
We are looking for an ambitious, self-motivated Software Engineer to join our growing team based in Southampton and Newport on the Isle of Wight. RFEL are an established UK based technology company specialising in signal, image and video processing solutions for a range of clients including government, defence and security customers with multi-award winning products and services. This role will involve, in equal part:
- Identifying, researching & prototyping potential new products
- Supporting the software team in delivering current products
The following skills are mandatory:
- Programming languages: C, C++
- Ability to deliver product-level quality code
- Strong algorithmic software design and implementation skills
- Knowledge of computer vision, digital signal processing and/or machine learning algorithms.
- Strong independent research skills, obtained either in industry or academia
- Desire to innovate and be key contributor of ideas for new products
- Desire to turn bleeding-edge research into impactful products
The following skills are desirable:
- UML based Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Embedded Software Development
- Scripting languages: Python
- Computer Vision Libraries e.g. OpenCV.
Due to the nature of the work, the qualifications required are either a relevant Bachelor’s degree and industry research experience, a relevant Master’s degree or a PhD degree.
Salary will be based upon experience.
RFEL offers its employees a range of additional benefits including healthcare, share purchase plan, pensions and relocation package based upon experience and potential.
Due to the work undertaken by RFEL, candidates must be prepared to undergo security clearance to SC level or already have UK screening to this level.
RFEL is constantly evolving and has expanded massively since the company was established in 1999, if you would like to be part of our future, we would like to hear from you.
All applications will be handled in confidence.
More searches like this
- Aerospace SC Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Isle of Wight
- Central Government SC Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Isle of Wight
- Cyber Security SC Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Isle of Wight
- Defence SC Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Isle of Wight
- Engineering SC Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Isle of Wight