Project Manager, MOD, up to £540/day
Our client, the Ministry of Defence, are seeking a Project Manager, to join them at Catterick, Piave Lines, Leyburn Road, Catterick Garrison, DL9 3LE
Team: MOD//MOD Core//Defence Infrastructure Organisation//DIO EOM Management Group//EOM Head Office
Initial contracts will run for 3 months and offer a rate up to £540/Day.
IR35 STATUS: Inside IR35 legislation. Candidates would be required to operate through an umbrella company on this engagement.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 27/02/2018 at 09:15
This role requires Active SC clearance. Applicants require active SC clearance or the willingness to go through clearance before starting on site. Candidates with current clearance will be preferred.
Lead on projects allocated and drive through to successful achievement of key programme milestones
- Manage financial data to ensure accurate expenditure and forecasts are maintained up to date on internal IT management system
- Manage the level 4 infrastructure plan for a number of infrastructure projects.
- Manage the local risk register and issues log, escalating where necessary those that can not be managed locally within a package area.
- Work with Programme Cost Reduction team and external suppliers to implement cost reduction measures, monitoring the progress on a quarterly basis.
- Complete local monthly progress reports across the time, cost and quality spectrum.
- Observe change control process at project/programme level; registering proposed changes for investigation and resolution.
- Manage relationships with contacts at all levels in order to establish effective working relationships between members of the project teams, programme manager, key stakeholders and suppliers.
- Continually develop the network of contacts across the business to enable achievement of objectives and maintain these for future initiatives.
- Manage the Principle Service Provider (PSP) through the DPO stage ensuring time and cost is achieved for particular projects.
- Other duties as tasked by the line manager
- Defence Experience,
- Construction Experience,
- or other Project Management qualification.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, this role will not offer Visa sponsorship. Tier 2 – General visas cannot be accepted.
Other Job Postings
Visit https://quast.workable.com for all current Quast recruitment job vacancies.