Backend Developer - Java 8
Backend Developer - Java 8, Bracknell, Berkshire - Contract
My client is one of the largest private (Employee Owned) companies in the UK and has been in business for around 150 years. They work across multiple sectors and are currently looking to take on a Backend Developer to join their well-established company. The ideal candidate will be experienced in professional programming experience with analysis, design and coding of applications using Java 8, Spring (Core, AOP, Data, MVC, REST), Hibernate, JMS, SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Responsible for integrating NOWTV-UK, KIDS Feed into CMS and provide REST API's to the clients.
- Developed micro services to serve for Youview, Roku search.
- Involved in performing Page Experimentation (Optimization) .
- Responsible for Creating/Enhancing the Restful services (API) as per clients requirements
- Paired with DevOps to build pipeline for both Back End and the Front End which included unit test, code coverage, integration test, API test and E2E test.
- Designed/Developed Restful Micro services to serve online fast-track sky shopping, dynamic pricing of products, broadband availability check, rewards and offers for new and old customers.
- Developed micro services to provide content services from OpenCMS used by Sky Shop Editorial team
- Design and development of next version of sky shop online app for selling sky Q
- Wrote Gatling scripts along with configuration to perform Stress Testing of Sky Online Shop micro-services.
- Stubbing Sky Shop back end services, MCS (Multi Channel Services) and PSP (Product Services Provider) using RestAssured library
- Setup New relic monitoring tool for Sky Shop online services
- Server side caching of micro services using EHCache
- Followed TDD using JUnit, Mockito etc. and BDD using Cucumber.
- Continuous delivery process is followed for quick deployment to production with every check-in.
- Experience of leading teams and mentoring junior developers.
- Introduced browser stack to perform tests around sky shop responsiveness
Key Skills & Experience required:
- Technologies: EJB 1.x/2.0, JNDI, JMS, JTA/JTS, RMI, JDBC, Servlets, JSP, SAX/DOM, Web Services, SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, JAXB, Java Mail, Restful webserivces, RabbitMq
- Software tools/IDE: Eclipse, Jboss Developer, Intellij, Jdeveloper and IBM WSAD
- Application Frameworks: Struts, Stripes, Hibernate, Spring, JPA, Web services, Oracle application framework, Google Guice, Oracle coherence, OpenCMS
- Unit/Integration Testing Frameworks: Twist, Selenium, Web driver, Sahi, JUnit, Mockito, Jasmine, Fitnesse
- Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, AJAX, XSLT, Jquery, Prototype, Backbone.js, openlayers.js.
- Build Tools: Ant, Maven and Gradle
- Version Control: IBM Clear Case Toolkit, SVN, GIT, GITHUB, VSS, CVS
- Process Methodologies: Agile, Continuous Integration, Pair Programming, Scrum, Waterfall, TDD and Kanban
- Management/Leadership: Scrum master, Task Estimation, Mentoring, Requirements Gathering
- Continuous Integration Tools: GO, Jenkins
- Web Servers/App. Servers: Apache, Tomcat, Web Logic, Websphere, Jboss, Jetty and OC4J
- Databases: Oracle8.x/9.x/10g/11g, DB2, MySQL, Mongo DB
- Platforms: UNIX, Linux, Mac, Windows 2K/NT/XP/Vista/7
This is a Contract role working for a top company as a Backend Developer.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age