Hamble-le-Rice, United Kingdom
- GE Aviation
- This role is for skilled operators working within a variety of roles focused on the manufacture of composite components. The role will include a range of tasks and the successful applicant should demonstrate flexibility and work effectively as part of a larger multi-disciplined team within an automated environment.Shift working requiredBoth, Semi-Skilled and Skilled operators will be considered.If a semi-skilled candidate is successful, they will be required to undertake a NVQ Level 3.
- Requires the proven ability to actively participate in a team culture.
- Participate within a team to ensure production requirements are achieved.
- Conduct composite layup
- Conduct composite hand trimming of components as required
- Conduct triage duties as required
- Conduct repairs to composite components as required
- Conduct insert operations as and when required
- Conduct edge seal as and when required
- Demonstrate the ability to operate under own initiative.
- Knowledge of composite detail and assembly manufacture.
- Support manufacturing delivery needs.
- Demonstrate manufacturing best practice principles within the team environment.
- Promote and support a safe working environment.
- Please note that this role may involve physical activity. Therefore, applicants must be capable of undertaking activities with appropriate assistance if required.
- Good level of dexterity
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation
- Good knowledge of health and safety
- Competent in numeracy and literacy skills
- Good communication skills
- Previous manufacturing experience is essential
- Drive to succeed as an individual and as part of a team
- Positive approach to problem solving
- Participating in training programmes and procedures
- Willing to learn and adapt with a strong focus on flexibility
- Self-motivated with a positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent time keeping Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency websitehttp://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/workingBaseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf