We are looking for a Project Cost Engineer to join the Finance and Business Management Group (F&BM). As a Project Cost Engineer you will deliver a cost engineering service to projects within the company.
As a Project Cost Engineer you will be part of an integrated Project Controls team responsible for contributing to the production of project budgets, monthly cost reports, cost forecasts, assessments of value of work in progress and supplier value of work done. You will also have input into the investment approval and change control process, risk and opportunity process and peer reviews.
We are looking for the Project Cost Engineer to have:
- Degree or HND/HNC in appropriate business or technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience of implementing best practice cost engineering processes and tools including;
- Budget production and maintenance
- Cost Forecasting
- Change Control
- Variance Analysis
- Cost and Performance Reporting
- Knowledge of forms of contract
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management processes and techniques
- Good communication skills including networking, influencing and stakeholder management
Preferably, we are looking for the Project Cost Engineer to have:
- Project Management qualification (e.g. APMP)
- Membership of relevant professional body or working towards
- Experience of coaching and mentoring
- Knowledge of confidence modelling processes
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.