B1 Cost Analyst (SI 01 S)
- Job Type
We are looking for a Cost Analyst to join the Finance and Business Management group. As a Cost Analyst you will provide cost support and analytical services to Functional projects.
As a Cost Analyst you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of accounting, financial planning and analysis services through performing analysis and standard processes and providing input into month end processes and regular business rhythm. You would also be responsible for reviewing actual costs against budgetary and forecast figures, including investigating variances, to establish the financial consequences of variance.
We are looking for the Cost Analyst to have:
- Experience of analytical or similar roles
- Experience in performance analysis and performance reporting
- Competent in data reporting & analysis
- The ability to analyse different types of performance data and provide insight and recommendation on performance, e.g. earned value, performance forecasting
- Working towards competence in project cost engineering - The ability to utilise cost engineering techniques to manage and control project costs throughout its lifecycle
- Working towards competence in risk, issue and opportunity management - the ability to objectively identify and analyse the impact of risks and opportunities to the organisation. This includes qualitative and quantitative assessment
- Working towards competence in financial accounting - The ability to produce financial accounts in accordance with relevant financial standards e.g. IFRS, GAAP
- Competent in specific business system, tools and techniques - The ability to use and develop specific company business system application and / or tools to complete activities in support of discrete business areas (e.g. SCM, Finance, BC&C) and to maintain the integrity of master data
- Working towards competence in EVM - The ability to apply Earned Value Management tools and techniques to interpret associated inputs and metrics; providing timely insight and recommendations on project and programme performance
- Competent in LRP & F - The ability to create and maintain a long range plan to enable comprehensive and realistic forecasting, providing a sound basis for management decision making
- Essential GCSE Maths and English at C or above, or equivalent
- Membership or working towards membership of relevant professional body
- Willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.