Babcock is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation employing over 28,000 people across the world. Babcock offer a hugely diverse number of career options.
To assist in the preparation of monthly Management Accounts and reporting and to manage the supplier implementation, invoicing and billing process of all Leased vehicles.
The job holder will assist the Contract Accountant in preparing report information, with general accounts administration and with monthly customer billing activities.
Key outputs/deliverables will be:
- Assist the Contract Accountant in the production of monthly management accounts
- Prepare control account reconciliations for review
- Liaise with the Finance Shared Service Centre in dealing with query issues on sales and purchase transactions
- Assist the Contract Accountant in the production of monthly customer billing
- Liaise with Suppliers and the Fleet Team in dealing with invoicing queries
- To provide support to the Contract Accountant as required
- Prepare monthly reports using query tools and excel for the monthly management accounts and for various monthly and ad hoc operational reports
- Prepare and post journals from information obtained on margins and overheads
- Provide accounting support throughout the month on sales and purchase ledger transactions
- Manage the supplier implementation, invoicing and billing process of all leased business
- Investigate weekly and monthly payment run's prior to authorisation
- Request manual Sales invoices
- Prepare monthly and ad hoc Customer invoices
- Prepare and post monthly journals
- Code overhead invoices
- Prepare documentation for the set-up of new supplier accounts
- Perform ad hoc accounting duties as required
- Assist in completing data reconciliations
- Attend Supplier reviews as necessary
Knowledge, Qualification and Experience:
- Previous experience in an Assistant Accountant role is preferred
- Educated to GCSE standard grade C and above for Maths and English
- Professional development/qualification in Accounting preferred
Skills & Competencies
- Advanced user of MS Excel
- Experience of using query tools to extract data from the MIS
- Experience of AS400 and Navision preferred
- Ability to work and communicate effectively within a team
- Good communication skills with both finance and non-finance colleagues
- Must have a proactive 'Can-do' approach
All applicants must have or be able to obtain,SC Security Clearance.
Aztec West Bristol
5 March 2018
All applications should be made online. If you experience difficulties please click here Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.