IT Security Manager
EXCLUSIVE OPPORTUNITY: Sopra Steria is currently recruiting for an IT Security Manager that will assist in the implementation of effective IT security in accordance with local policy. Therefore, the IT Security Manager must have a strong background in information technology and have a clear understanding of the challenges of information security
This contract is for an initial six months, with the option to extend for at least another six beyond that.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Writing, updating and supporting the development of system security policies and procedures and reviewing their implementation for the organisation;
- Manage the PKI, RBAC and Crypto Management resources;
- Review the effectiveness of IT security controls in accordance with security policies and system risk management;
- Supporting the internal team in the review of requests for change;
- Providing advice on compliance with IT security policy and procedures;
- Use tooling provided to monitor the system for threats and attacks;
- Alerting the internal team to changes in system use that might affect the level of risk;
- Reporting security incidents or breaches of security policy in accordance with local procedures;
- Assisting investigations into IT security incidents and where appropriate performing remedial actions such as providing user training or briefings;
- Attending and briefing at Security Working Groups where necessary;
- Providing regular reports to the internal on system security.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are a must to be able to present their ideas concisely.
- Ability to prioritise work and design schedules to meet the desired requirements
- Ability to work in demanding and taut timescales
- The ability to work collaboratively with other team members as well as should be able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent organisational and time management skills are a must
- They may carry out simulated attacks to test the efficiency of security measures. They also prioritize security coverage to ensure that strategically important data, such as commercial information or personal data, receives the highest levels of protection.
- Completion of CISSP, CISM, CISA, etc., would prove to be an added advantage .
- Experience of deployed Operational Service Management
On client’s instructions, due to the urgency, nature and length of the assignment, the successful candidate must have current security clearance to a high level.
There are no agencies working this requirement, please contact me directly.
The post holder will work through Sopra Steria Recruitment for Sopra Steria, a European leader in digital transformation, providing one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end-to-end service offerings on the market: consulting, systems integration, software development, infrastructure management and business process services.
2017 Winners of the APSCo Awards for Excellence for Recruitment Company of the Year £50m+ Turnover
A different approach: breaking the restrictive bounds of traditional recruitment models; a revolution in how clients engage with the recruitment profession