Machine Tools Maintenance Engineer (Electrical, C&I)
Package: Basic salary plus allowances, generous holiday entitlement, workplace pension and additional flexible benefits scheme.
Salary: £35,000 to £38,000
Looking for an excellent work/life balance and an outstanding opportunity to develop your career with one of the area's largest employers, our Engineers are able to work on a wide variety of equipment, and make a direct impact on the successful running of the business without needing to spend extensive time on the road travelling from site to site.
We are currently looking to recruit a number of Machine Tools Maintenance Engineers to join our team working from our sites based near Reading.
Candidates interested in applying for these opportunities should have a bias in Electrical/Electronic Engineering (including Siemens controls knowledge), and should have a breadth of experience which will also encompass some Mechanical engineering. The successful Engineers will be responsible for performing planned and reactive maintenance activities in order to optimise plant and equipment availability. They will have the opportunities to work on equipment that is bespoke, high accuracy and specialist to AWE.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities will include
- Using a high degree of skill and high technical ability carry out a wide range of maintenance activities efficiently and in a timely manner on plant and equipment
- Apply a range of technical fault finding skills within own discipline. Gather plant data and analysis result, using a range of techniques
- Implementation of modifications as directed by Task Manager
- Inspect and endorse the quality of own work to ensure it meets the required specification
- Apply mentoring skills to less experienced craft team members and apprentices
- Ensure the understanding and application of responsibilities with regard to the Company's Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- General knowledge of plant, equipment and processes related to trade
- Knowledge of maintenance practices, technologies and techniques
- Knowledge of fault finding techniques and methodologies
- Knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Understanding and use of Safe Systems of work
- Working experience of operational plant maintenance service delivery
Qualifications and Special Requirements
- Engineering Apprenticeship with a minimum NVQ Level 2 or equivalent work experience
- C&G (as appropriate) / ONC
- Willing and able to obtain the required security for these roles
- These roles are governed by Health and Safety at Work Regulations and require all candidates to have an Occupational Health-set fitness level in order to wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) needed to work in controlled environments.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.