Network Architect - Cloud / Secure Cloud - SC Cleared
Cloud Network Architect - SC Cleared
I am currently recruiting for an SC Cleared Network Architect who has experience of designing cloud based solutions within a secure environment on a 6 month contract for a large IT Service Provider working on a Defence project based in Basingstoke.
The candidate will ideally hold a minimum of SC Clearance and have a background working within a central government or Defence environment
This role is for a network architect to work on a secure cloud offering and subsequent deployments. The successful applicant will be responsible for working closely with the Solution Owner and wider team to define the architecture, implementation and security compliance of the solution. As part of a small, agile team, it will be necessary for the candidate to not only define the architecture but also script and implement the reference SDDC solution. Once implementations have been deployed to customers, this role will also perform support activities, operating in a DevOps context with service counterparts.
While the base location for this work is Basingstoke, the successful candidate must be willing to work on customer site if required.
This role will include the following responsibilities:
- Design and implementation of the physical network including top of rack switches, customer network connectivity including firewalls and east/west switches
- Design and configuration of all virtual network elements implemented in VMware NSX
- Supporting the Solution Owner in ensuring designs meet the solution requirements
- Work package estimation for planning purposes and regular progress reporting to project management
- Engagement with customers to define the Secure Cloud external connectivity requirements
- Championing the principles and benefits behind Infrastructure as Code and software defined networking to customers and other Network capability team members
Mandatory Skills Required:
- Demonstrable design experience in proposing and utilising technologies to implement software defined networks within virtualised infrastructure - preferably using VMware NSX technology.
- Demonstrable design experience in proposing and utilising technologies from Juniper, Cisco and Brocade.
- Juniper accreditation. Ideally JNCIS-ENT
- Cisco accreditation. Ideally CCNP/CCDP
- Firewall design, specifically Juniper SRX range, and Cisco ASA Next Generation.
- Routing protocols i.e. BGP, OSPF.
- Other network protocols such as TCP and UDP.
- SVI/RVI design and configuration.
- SNMPv3, Syslog, NTP design and configuration.
- AAA design and configuration.
- Access lists configuration.
- VRF and VLAN design and configuration.
- IP Addressing design.
- Remote Access solutions i.e. Cisco AnyConnect, Pulse Secure.
- VPN design
- Passive infrastructure - i.e. OM3 fibre, 62.5 /50 micron, fibre termination types
If this role is of interest and you'd like more information please feel free to call me.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age