Salford, Greater Manchester - £35,114 - £40,380 + Benefits
We have an exciting opportunity with one of our high profile government clients based in Salford, Greater Manchester. They have one of largest IT estates in the UK that is engaged with by several million customers each year.
As a result of ongoing growth within their Live Services IT department they are seeking a Business Analyst to join the team. Specifically this position will sit in the team that is responsible for ServiceNow Development Operations.
- Liaise with ServiceNow stakeholders to discover their underlying business needs and how they can be addressed by ServiceNow.
- Understanding, agreeing, capturing and documenting complete and unambiguous Business Requirements for translation into ServiceNow functionality.
- Assessing requirements from a risk urgency perspective and prioritising them.
- Ensuring the requirements map to the real business need and align to the wider strategic direction, approved by all relevant stakeholders, and meet essential quality standards.
- Ensuring requirements are translated in to Epics and Stories ready for inclusion in Sprint Process, to include fully defined acceptance criteria to enable effective validation and testing.
- Acting as a liaison between the organisation and the DevOps team to help resolve issues throughout the Sprint Process to ensure sprint goals are met.
- Facilitate Change Impact Analysis sessions at the start of Sprints.
- Contributing to discussions and generate new ideas around how to break down items on the backlog and deliver value early and often throughout the process.
- Experience working with a rapid development methodology, in particular Agile/Scrum or DevOps software development.
- An understanding of best practice ITIL v3 methodology.
- Solid understanding of the application development lifecycle process, including requirement analysis, quality assurance, design, scheduling, implementation, issue tracking, version control release management and deployment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, specifically the Ability to document complex business processes and articulate for ongoing development
- Understanding and experience of working with agile methodologies
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to apply please send through an updated copy of your CV and contact number through to Jack Devlin at Experis by following the link provided.