Cheltenham, United Kingdom
- GE Aviation
- As a Repair Technician in an aerospace environment, you will be responsible for the repair, modification and overhaul of electronic avionic assemblies and printed circuit boards for a variety of civil or military customers.
- Fault find to component level and repair as required
- Use of manual and automated test equipment.
- Supporting engineering / quality investigations and project work as and when required.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and read complex electronic digital/analogue circuit diagrams
- Raise all relevant paperwork to complete the task, ensuring traceability and compliance is maintained throughout the process.
- Previous experience of fault diagnosis and testing of electronic components essential;
- The ability to demonstrate that they are able to utilize detailed Manuals, drawings and other documentation to aid this requirement
- Minimum of ONC or time served experience apprentice or similar level of knowledge and experience.
- Must be PC literate. Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency websitehttp://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/workingBaseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf
- Team player who is inclusive in their approach
- Good manual dexterity
- High level of attention to detail
- Good verbal communication skills
- Able to work to own initiative
- Ability to multi-task and deal with a varied work load
- Outstanding integrity