IT Security Analyst (SOC) - London
My client is a Large UK Company that work within Retail and Financial Services who are currently looking to recruit a IT Security Analyst
The key responsibilities for this role includes:
- Provide near real-time monitoring of security appliances as part of a SOC team
- Understand and articulate emerging threats and incidents to different audiences within the client, including technical, operations management, senior management and executives.
- Use some of the latest technology to detect threats to the information systems of our client networks from external and internal threats
- Analyse and advise on security alerts, assisting with investigations due to escalated incidents from security information & event management systems (SIEM)
- Analyse and advise on security alerts, assisting with investigations
- Adhere to escalation and incident management processes and procedures
The key experience and knowledge required for this role includes:
- Extensive knowledge of Information Security regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of Information Security within frameworks, such as COBIT
- Previous experience working in a Security Operations Centre (SOC) or proven customer service experience in a similar support role, ideally within the IT Security industry
- TCP/IP networking skills
- Knowledge of security technologies and experience with SIEM-based analysis and development, for example LogRythmn, RSA EnVision, ArcSight, Splunk
- Experience analysing logs from Security Appliances such as: perimeter firewalls, network- and host-based IDS/IPS and vulnerability management tools
- Experience in responding to and managing incidents.
- Experience of working in environments subject to compliance requirements such as PCI DSS, FSA (UK), SOX and Euro-SOX, ISO27000 Series would be beneficial
This is a contract role working for a top company as a IT Security Analyst.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age