Microsoft BI Developer
Babcock is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation employing over 28,000 people across the world. Babcock offer a hugely diverse number of career options.
Principal Customers: Product Owners, PMO and Project teams, IA Team, Communications team, IAOs, All users
This role is primarily responsible for developing, managing and controlling solutions based on Microsoft's SQL Server 2016 Data and Business Intelligence Platforms. Responsibilities include administration, design and development of the BI applications (users, databases/fact tables/dimensions, dashboard development and distribution).
- Provide support & assistance towards design and architecture for Babcock's maturing Microsoft BI environment, and any subsequent growth.
- Be a Senior member of the development team building, testing, delivering and supporting the delivery of Microsoft based BI solutions to meet approved customer requirements.
- Install, configure and work in several BI tools including Microsoft BI Tools & Power BI
- Monitor all scheduled jobs (include reports for business users & ETL jobs).
- Monitor and tune the performance of the Microsoft BI environment.
- Maintain the version control of all objects in the Microsoft BI environment.
- Understand and implement auditing, control and monitoring for capabilities such as concurrent session control
- Build and implement the security strategy to enable users via AD security roles to control the report & database access.
- Monitor the health of the Microsoft BI environment and manage the security.
- Set the standard and architecture of the Meta data layer.
- Be able to integrate chosen and deployed BI products with Identity management solutions via several methods, such as SAML, OAuth, LDAP, AD etc.
- Lead and support on optimization of dashboards, reports and ad hoc analytics utilizing a mix of BI tools, scripting as required, APIs for seamless end user experience
- Building strong relationships with end users, enabling them to get the most out of BI solutions.
- Exceed customer expectations through the delivery of secured, consistent, well documented and supportable BI solutions.
- To support the development and delivery high-quality reporting and analytical solutions using the Babcock Corporate toolsets
- Gather requirements for new processes needed and implement solutions that address them
- Collect and validate the non-functional requirements, including performance, implementation design, usability, security & audit, and appropriate legislative requirements
- Work with IT and business stakeholders to identify and define the business problems and business case be able to express the context of the change within the business strategy and BI Roadmap
- You will use your investigative nature and problem solving skills to understand how data and technology drives business forward and you will innovate new ways that enable competitive advantage by understanding the masses of information.
- Provide guidance across the stakeholder community and work with the BI Lead to ensure all solutions are fit for purpose, deliver business value and benefit from Corporate programmes.
- Coordinate the definition, evaluation and agreement of the business solution options in collaboration with the BI Architect and BI Technical Leads
Technical & Specialist Knowledge Essential
- Informations systems related Degree.
- MCSA - SQL Server (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate) or 5 Years plus experience
- MCSE - Business Intelligence (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert) or 5 Years plus experience
- Other DBA Certifications is a plus
- MS SQL Server 2016/2012/2008R2, SSRS, SSIS, MS Excel
- Strong commercial BI administration & development experience in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with analysing reporting performance issues and recommending tuning improvements.
- Significant experience of gathering and documenting high quality business requirements, interacting with business stakeholders through workshops, interviews & meetings, and written communication
- Proven experience of working closely with business stakeholders and IT teams to deliver robust and efficient solutions
- Experience of the full project life cycle from project initiation through to benefits realisation
- Administration & Development of Databases, Data Warehousing, ODS, Data-Marts and OLAP concepts and designs
- Understanding of Big Data concepts
- Understanding of the concepts pertaining to dimensional modelling, Data Warehousing techniques, methodologies, and Data modelling tools
- Experience of database development, programming and data analysis
- Development of Mobile dashboards & Power BI
- Experience of producing data mappings from source to target
- Visio Services and Powerview experience.
- Ability to understand decisions that need to be made by the business owners and administration of reports, dashboards, schedules, jobs, databases, storage, etc.,
- Commited to excellence in everything you do with a real desire to deliver quality service to customers at all times.
- Extremely self-motivated to learn and ramp up on emerging technologies and tools
- Flexible, hard-working and thorough.
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills.
- Aptitude to work collaboratively across IT and non IT departments.
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence others.
- Experience of working in technical teams with large enterprise class systems.
- Must be able to follow agreed processes and make suggestions for improvements.
- Good creative thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Willingness to undertake reasonable travel for work.
- Proven ability to build trust with stakeholders.
- Flexible and creative problem solving skills.
- Current Security clearance.
Flexible to Babcock sites
Must have or be able to gain MOD SC security clearance.
Other security clearances as contracts demand; e.g. Met Police, CRB Check.
Dependant on the administrative privileges required for this role the job incumbent may have access to controlled technology and or information, such as, but not limited to, ITAR.
Babcock offers a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday entitlement plus public holidays, money purchase pension scheme with life assurance, share ownership scheme and a broad range of career opportunities.
For further information or to be considered for this role, please click apply to follow the link below to our Careers page.
All applications should be made online. Recruitment correspondence is normally by e-mail, so please check your e-mail account and spam folder regularly. If you are experiencing any problems applying online, please visit http://www.babcockinternational.com/careers/faq/
All applications should be made online. If you experience difficulties please click here Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.