Working within one of the most recognisable UK organisations, this role will work on a number of exciting projects and initiatives to maximise their investment in ServiceNow both internally and with their customers.
As a ServiceNow Engineer working as part of a dedicated ServiceNow Product Team, you will be responsible for the development of new capabilities for the business and customer within the ServiceNow product, while protecting the live estate in a fast paced environment, potentially working across multiple instances in a mixed infrastructure environment including Domain Separation and On-Premise solutions.
This role provides a large scope to bring in new ideas, implement fast change and drive forward the technology and the team to exploit ServiceNow capability effectively and efficiently. Additionally the business are keen to make the most of their investment with immediate works streams to upgrade to Helsinki and migrate our custom CMS portal in to the new Service Portal platform.
What you'll be doing
- Reporting to the ServiceNow Product Owner, you will work in a team of dedicated Engineers to deliver our roadmap to their customers.
- Being technically responsible for the product and driving quality through peer reviews, implementing best practices, and sharing your knowledge across the team of the Product Engineers.
- Collaborate as part of a self-organising ServiceNow Product Team facilitated by the Scrum Master and champion the use of Agile and DevOPS best practices to drive continuous delivery at an ever increasing pace, without impacting the performance of an "always on" platform.
- Contribute to discussions and generate new ideas around how to break down items on the backlog and deliver value early and often throughout the process, and share knowledge with other members of the SharePoint Product Team in order to help meet sprint goals.
What we're looking for
Your skills and qualifications:
- Demonstrable and transferable knowledge of web technologies such as XML, HTML, Web Services, Java Script, Jelly and Twitter Bootstrap.
- In-Depth cross-tool understanding of ServiceNow, such as workflow, user interface (UI), client scripts, business rules.
- Ability to identify and adopt off-the-shelf functionality before heavily customised applications.
- Proven track record in designing ServiceNow applications and web-based solutions.
- A good understanding of supporting tools and technologies such as LDAP, SSO and Identity Management, Automated Testing tools (Selenium).
- Experience of working within rapid deployment environments utilising Agile (particularly SCRUM methodology) or DevOPS software development.
- Excellent oral and written skills with the ability to confidently present to external stakeholders.
Security Clearance is required for this vacancy. If you are not currently Security Cleared, you will need to be eligible for this and willing to go through the process.