Release Manager - DV Cleared
Release Manager - Permanent - London - £40,000 to £60,000 per Annum
- The Release Manager is responsible for overseeing the coordination and facilitation of the release process, to guarantee smooth and timely delivery of software products or updates into the non-production environments and their promotion and deployment to the production environment.
- The Release Manager oversees the management of the day-to-day aspects of the integration and flow of development, testing, deployment, and support of these systems.
- Work closely with the customer's business units, development, quality assurance teams, operations groups and change management for the planning, management and implementation of releases.
- Work to guarantee smooth, predictable and timely delivery of software products and/or updates.
- Create, review, publish and manage release plans, formal release notification, deployment instructions and launch plans as needed.
- Determine the readiness of each release based on release criteria; quality of release, production environment readiness, training and support plans, rollout and backout plans, and risk management plan.
- Knowledge of SAFe/ Agile methodology and practices.
- Experience of UK Government working practices.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management, IT or related field / industry equivalent experience.
- ITIL and/or project management certification.
- Strong technology experience.
- Experience in release management of a technology platform.
- Proficiency in application development release processes and tools.
- Proficiency in creating detailed production implementation plans and performing mock dress rehearsals in a production release environment is desired.
- Proficiency in using CM tools including HP Service Manager.
- Proficiency in IT operations and support organisations.
- Strong problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to build and manage relationships effectively in a matrixed environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organising, and prioritising with attention to details.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV Clearance. If you do not hold an active DV Clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.