Deputy Data Centre Manager
Deputy Data Centre Manager - Permanent - Reading - Excellent Salary!
- Management of the ongoing, day-to-day operations of the Data Centre.
- Deputising for the Data Centre Manager.
- Ensure a consistent service across the organisation's Data Centres via collaborative working with the System Design Authority as well as other Data Centre Managers and Teams across the organisation.
- Provide expertise and support to customers and other Data Centre Teams to ensure the safe and secure delivery of power, space, cooling and networking infrastructure within the Data Centre.
- Apply corporate IT practices in configuration management and change control.
- Investigate and report compliance with relevant site and corporate policies, maintaining compliance to all Data Centre central governance.
- Delivery of customer's technical requirements for IT installations and decommissions within the Data Centre.
- Manage and control personnel and equipment access to the Data Centre in line with corporate standards.
- Manage and ensure adherence to incident management, change management and asset management policies and procedures.
- Maintenance of Data Centre drawings and schematics, ensuring all changes are correctly captured ('red-lined') and directed through the Drawing Office.
- Introduce corporate Data Centre software tooling to enable an organisational view of the Data Centre estate, with a view to extending this across partner Data Centres.
- Minimise disruption to the Data Centre operations by coordinating the need for, and scheduling of, system outages.
- Undertake audits within the Data Centre.
- Production of Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS) for applicable tasks within the Data Centre, including review of external supplier RAMS.
- Monitor and maintain spares and consumables stock.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- City & Guilds parts 1 and 2 in Electrical Installations.
- Working knowledge of electrical installations (basic record of proven ability in related work).
- Working knowledge of the Code of Practice for the In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (4rd Edition).
- IET 17th Edition Electrical Wiring Regulations Incorporating Amendment No3 2015.
- IT and network equipment installation skills.
Desirable Skills and Competencies:
- Time served electrical apprenticeship.
- City & Guilds 2391/2394/2395 certificate of inspection and testing of electrical installations.
- City & Guilds 2392 level 3 certificate of inspection and testing of electrical installations.
- City & Guilds 2377-22 Portable Appliance Testing (PAT).
- Understanding of Defence and Security industries.
- Developed application in electrical installation field and departmental awareness
- City and Guilds 3466 (structured cabling installation and testing).
- Fibre optic installation, splicing and testing (basic record of proven ability).
- Cat 5 / 5e installations, termination and testing (basic record of proven ability).
- Cat 6 installations, termination and testing (basic record of proven ability).
- Familiar with the build and configuration of communications rack builds.
- City and Guilds 3466 (multimode or single mode).
- Basic record of proven ability in the termination of all types of data cabling.
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV Clearance. If you do not hold an active DV Clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.