User Researcher / User Research / User Experience Researcher / Government / User Journey / GDS / Newcastle
Role: User Researcher
Duration: 6 months
Pay: Up to £500 ltd per day
Newcastle based leading Government organisation are looking for a User Researcher to join their expanding Interaction Design team in Newcastle.
The User Researcher will be primarily responsible for designing, conducting, analysing, and reporting on user-cantered design research and usability testing for the company website, including identification of user needs and goals, task and workflow modeling, ethnography and persona development as well as rapid iterative usability testing, and more formal, in-depth testing.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience of using a variety of usability testing methodologies to reveal customer insights and gather user needs for web based services
- Proven experience of creating research strategies and approaches
- Experience of managing and analysing usability test sessions, and facilitating workshops
- Extensive knowledge of human factors, ethnography, and the user-cantered design process
- Proven experience of audience modelling and developing design personas
- Experience across web content, tools and transactional services- complex user journeys
- Experience of working in an agile environment to create digital products and services in line with GDS standards
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Previous experience as a User Researcher in Central Government - highly desirable
- Degree in HCI / Usability/ Cognitive Psychology / Market Research or related field
- Experience of identifying user needs of users with accessibility requirements.
If this position is of interest, please click apply!
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales