Network Security Specialist
Role: Network Security Specialist
Type: 12-month contract
Location: M4 Corridor
Clearance: Must be DV
Our client is looking for a Network Security Specialist to join their team on a 12-month contract, based on the M4 Corridor. The successful individual will be experienced working with multiple leading security appliances. All the work will be based on site with no remote work. MUST HOLD CURRENT & VALID DV CLEARANCE.
- Maintenance and configuration of security appliances across various networks.
- Configuration of IDS/IPS solutions.
- Leading the deployment of infrastructure for the collection of Cyber Monitoring data.
- Facilitating the collection of log feeds for networks and applications into the Cyber Monitoring Platform.
- Working with the development team to optimise data feeds and managing the integrity of source data, through System Centre and Configuration Management tools.
- Installing new Cyber applications and regular AV updates and patches in line with policy.
- Configuration and optimisation of JUNIPER network devices.
- Configuration, tailoring and support to BT for SKYBOX. Resolving issues post SKYBOX go-live and operation and support in Live mode, including patch installation, software updates and issue resolution.
- Scheduling, documenting and deploying planned work and changes.
- Extensive experience in the installation, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of networks, ideally on large or multiple sites.
- Experience using JUNIPER routing/switching/firewall/IDS equipment (Juniper certification extremely advantageous).
- Deep knowledge of implementing network security (dot1x, port security and network access controls).
- Knowledge of QRADAR.
- At least CCNP or equivalent skill level.
- Exposure to IPSEC and SSL protocols.
- Able to work to tight timescales and communicate progress.
- Exposure to working in a challenging and secure environment.
Candidates must hold valid UK Security Clearance or be able to attain the level of Clearance specified.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability, salary requirements and availability to roles@CNDLtd.com
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
CND Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.