Configuration Management Engineer - SC or DV
Job Role: Configuration Management Engineer
Location: West London or Essex with travel between sites
Duration: 6 Months
Salary/Rate: Market Rates
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: DV Clearance or Willing to Undergo
Configuration Management Engineer - Contract - London or Essex - Market Rates
- Apply and administer CM processes on program as directed to ensure CM compliance. This includes the configuration identification, control, status accounting and auditing for development and operational systems
- Administer internal configuration control forums, including the production of agendas, facilitation of meetings, and documenting results
- Perform data management including the scheduling, coordination, production and delivery of all data items generated on the programs, including auditing for compliance with customer, security, and program standards
- Perform document control and accountability functions. Administer program action item system and experience in preparing for and participating in the conduct of configuration baseline audits (e.g., FCA, PCA, Pre-ship)
- Act as point of contact across ASG team for all UK and US Export Control Requirements
- You will be conversant with Military and Commercial CM standards and ISO 9001
- You will be able to implement processes to manage the Programmes Project and Product related Data, Controlled & Classified artefacts to comply with ITAR, EXIM, US FMS and the UK Export Controls, Legal & Contractual Requirements.
- You will be able to effectively interface and communicate with multiple levels of management and colleagues in other engineering disciplines
- Able to integrate and work within a team
- Appropriate degree qualification with a demonstrable industrial experience in Configuration Management or experience working in a technical environment interfacing with systems, software, hardware or test engineering disciplines
- Experience establishing, developing and implementing Configuration Management processes and training, such as configuration control, identification, data library/repository, product release and delivery, and configuration audits
- Experienced with Microsoft office tools advanced features: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access or other database experience requiring schema definition and data manipulation
- Working knowledge of CM and DM requirements within the Engineering Development Life Cycle
- CMII Certification
- Detailed working knowledge of Def Stans 05-57 and 05-123
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the generation and presentation of briefing packages to program management and customers
- Self-motivated attitude - able to work functionally alone in a programme team to meet programme requirements
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Proficient in evaluation of program documents for impact to CM processes
- Experience of Process Improvement Initiatives and techniques
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.