Lead Systems Engineer
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
- GE Aviation
- An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated Power Distribution Lead Systems Engineer. In this position, you will be expected to demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. You will use your expertise to develop and verify power distribution systems to support existing product development and future business. You will apply your engineering & leadership skills to the execution of the entire systems engineering life cycle and to solve problems.
- • Understanding customer's & stakeholders' expectations. Capturing, documenting, and decomposing systems requirements in line with required processes.
• Designing power distribution systems architectures in co-operation with the customer.
• Working across functions to create system designs for implementation in electronic hardware and software.
• Performing power distribution system analysis.
• Defining systems test strategy, performing systems testing.
• Providing leadership for assigned tasks and personnel.
• Co-operating with the customer to understand problems, generating suitable solutions, and driving resolution.
• Identifying and resolving engineering risks across functions.
• Participating as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews.
• Continuously improving processes and methods in line with business objectives.
- • Minimum of 5 years of experience in an aviation, power distribution or similar embedded systems development environment, including experience of RTCA DO-178B/C, SAE ARP4754A or similar rigorous development standard.
• Experience at creating power distribution system architectures & designs, for implementation in hardware and software.
• Experience at creating and performing systems tests.
• Experience in successfully influencing internal & external stakeholders and executing an engineering project strategy.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Applied Physics or similar level of knowledge and experience. Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency websitehttp://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/workingBaseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf
- • Strong problem solving and solution building skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• A positive attitude, initiative, pro-activeness and an enthusiasm and passion for systems engineering.
• An understanding of embedded software & hardware.
• Use of systems requirements & modeling tools, i.e. DOORS, MATLAB Simulink, SCADE, VAPS, Artisan OOA.
• Demonstrable success in achieving customer milestones.