We are currently looking to recruit a Lead Technical Authority - Electrical Engineering to lead and drive the following,
- Manage a small team of subject matter experts within electrical engineering covering HV/LV distribution and electrical building services systems.
- de the focal point for advice, information and expertise about policy, best practice and engineering knowledge with regards to electrical engineering across the whole of AWE.
- Provide the definitive AWE interpretation on issues relating to electrical engineering.
- Creation and development of relevant company guides, standards and processes for electrical engineering.
- Review and audit designs against legislation, standards, best practice and company requirements
- Ensure up to date knowledge of standards and legislation is disseminated and understood by relevant stakeholders.
- Carry out checks and inspections to ensure that best practice is being followed.
- Ensure communication is maintained with other relevant disciplines across the company.
- Use technical knowledge to assist in the achievement of Right First Time design.
- Carry out competency assessments of electrical design engineers and technical assessments of companies providing electrical engineering services for AWE.
- Provide an Intelligent Customer interface with Regulators at a corporate level
- Provide independent assessments of electrical engineering performance to the Facilities Design Authority
- Provide leadership on behalf of Engineering (Sites & Assets) Engineering Design Authority
- Shape the future to inspire trust, build effective relationships to clarify purpose, energise the team to deliver results, and be a model for personal excellence, integrity and accountability
Suitable candidate will have extensive experience in designing and managing design production of electrical systems in large complex production or manufacturing organisations preferably within a highly regulated industry.
Membership of an appropriate professional institute preferably at Chartered Engineer level but as a minimum at Incorporated Engineer with equivalent academic qualifications (minimum HNC/HND).