Software Engineer SC and DV cleared
Software Engineer - Permanent - Gloucestershire - £28,000 - £40,000 DOE
- Domain knowledge across - secure government, national security, defence, policing and home affairs markets.
- A versatile set of programming languages - Angular JS, Django, Java, Enterprise Java, Java Script , C, C#, C++, SQL and/or Python.
- Flexibility to travel.
- Experience working in an Agile environment is essential.
Our client is looking for inquisitive, dedicated and tenacious Software Engineers to work on full lifecycle development from analysis, through development and testing to delivery of specialised cyber capabilities. The customer requirements will be highly varied, often requiring bespoke solutions to challenging problems over a wide range of projects, ensuring that your work is always diverse and interesting.
You'll relish being part of a stimulating, collaborative and driven team that offers you the autonomy, mastery and purpose that you need to succeed. Depending on the project, there will be the opportunity to demonstrate technology to customers and support customer test and acceptance.
Our client is looking for someone who takes real pride in developing high quality software, frequently developed in a multi-platform environment. The projects will often require you to draw on a broad base and knowledge of system level computer operations and architecture as well as application level programming to create solutions that operate within limitations imposed by system characteristics.
You will be developing both embedded and application level software. With your level of experience you will also be providing technical leadership to other more junior members of the team. Consequently you will be interacting with stakeholders during the development cycle.
- C, Python.
- System level programming in Unix / Linux / Mac OS X.
- Application level programming on Linux/Windows
- Computer and Network security.
- Good software engineering skills (development practice, use of standard tools and documented design).
- Full development lifecycle.
- Team working, technical team leading and oral/written communication
- Taking pride in developing high quality software to solve hard problems.
- Degree qualified in Computer Science, Information Security or similar.
- C++ and other languages.
- Device driver and kernel level programming in Unix like OS's.
- Embedded and real time Linux (including Android) and Microsoft Windows.
- System administration / Dev Ops.
- Appreciation of IP networking and network applications (especially security).
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC or DV Clearance. If you do not hold an active SC or DV Clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.