7 days left
- Job Type
Full Stack Web Developer - Permanent - London - Excellent Salary
Our client is urgently seeking an experienced full-stack web developer to take ownership and drive forward the development of a suite of internal toolsets. Efficient Agile resourcing is key to being able to respond the needs of customers whilst also maximising profit and keeping a highly talented team engaged on projects they enjoy.
The successful candidate will need to work closely with the user community to capture requirements, prioritise the backlog then write and test the software. The role also includes an element of mentoring and technical leadership as other people become free and can contribute to the project. Longer term, there is the potential for the role holder to transition to customer facing projects.
- Design, develop and test on-going improvements to a suit of internal web based tools.
- Manage the development environment ensuring appropriate levels of security and access.
- Upskill team members in the technologies used to prepare them for future web development projects.
- Maintain knowledge of the software industry and new trends and approaches.
- Maintain and deploy multiple instances of the toolsets to different audiences and tailor the tools to different environments as appropriate.
- Ensure an Agile delivery approach with frequent releases and leverage user feedback and usage statistics to guide future development.
- The role holder will be a fixed office worker based in London. The role will also involve travel to and from other offices and client sites throughout the UK.
Skills / Experience:
- Experience of working in a complex technical development and integration environment.
- Demonstrable hands on experience and working knowledge of full stack web development including:
- CSS3 (Material Design)
- AWS Development tools including CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodePipeline etc
- Extensive experience of software version control systems, preferably Git.
- Extensive experience with issue management and change management systems, preferably the Atlassian toolset.
- Extensive experience of testing tools and techniques including but not limited to Selenium, Jest, Mocha and Newman.
- Experience of collecting unified test metrics.
- Experience working as part of an Agile development team.
- A thorough understanding of DevOps practices.
- A thorough understanding of unit and integration testing and the ability to identify weaknesses in test suites and code coverage.
- Extensive experience of scripting languages (Windows or Linux) to automate various processes.
- Works under broad direction.
- Full accountability for own technical work and project responsibilities.
- Analyses business requirements, designs, documents and shares application designs,
- Writes clear user stories and test cases to ease future maintainability.
- Self-starter, work is often self-initiated.
- Able to coach and mentor other team members.
- Must have achieved a 2:1 or above in a relevant numerate degree e.g. Computer Science or has achieved 5+ years recent and relevant industry experience.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV Clearance. If you do not hold an active DV Clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly