Programme Manager - Defence Equipment
We are seeking an experienced Programme Manager to deliver a range of bespoke high value aerospace products. You will be a versatile, confident and self-motivated individual who can apply themselves to a range of tasks.
As the programme manager you will be responsible for managing programmes that require the co-ordination of more than one department and involves more than one project including:
* Requirements and Change Management.
* Risk and Opportunity Management.
* Planning for human resource and materials.
* Monitoring and reporting of time, cost and performance.
*Dependency and Sub-contractor performance management.
* Customer relations management.
* Writing of relevant programme documentation e.g. Schedules, plans, registers.
*Compliance with Quality Management Systems.
skills and experience
* A minimum of 3 years' programme management experience on programmes valued in excess of £5m.
* Several years' experience in a suitable technical and/or training role, ideally in a Defence or Engineering environment.
* Experienced with Risk Management methodologies including identifying, analysing and managing risks within a programme environment.
* Excellent technical and interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written.
* Good IT skills and experienced with Microsoft Office applications including MS Project and SharePoint.
* Commitment to quality with a good attention to detail.
* Maintenance of a valid current UK driving licence.
* Ability to hold SC or apply for SC clearance.
* Preferably a degree in Software, Engineering or Business Management.
* Association of Project Management Membership.
* Good Commercial awareness of contracts, customer and supplier management.
* Budgetary control for programmes exceeding £5m including material procurement and personnel effort.
* PRINCE2 practitioner ( Preferably in date)
On offer is a completive salary, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, Pension and Health Care