Solutions Architect, City of London, Permanent
My client provides a wide range of products including postage stamps and banking to the public through its nationwide network of branches. They have been established for over 30 years and employ over 7000 people. They are looking to take on a Solution Architect to join their well-established team. The ideal candidate will become part of their 'Customer Hub' project team, the Solutions Architect will lead on the delivery of the technology architecture projects and sub-programmes for Financial Services & Telecoms, reporting to the CIO and aligned to CTO.
- Lead preparation of the digital technology blueprint, supporting technical documentation and technology roadmap, as part of our digital transformation strategy and implementation projects.
- Lead technology sourcing and selection activities on digital transformation programmes, working with roster of third-party suppliers (and specialists) to identify the solution options for digital transformation delivery.
- Drive and oversee architectural solutions and activities, proposed and executed by third party suppliers.
- Act as a FS&T technology design authority on digital transformation programmes, managing architectural changes, and maintaining adherence to the agreed digital blueprint agreed in wider design authority forums.
- Play a leading role in supporting business projects, as a technology subject matter expert, and maintain a market network.
Key experience & knowledge required:
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in leading the implementation of digital architecture solutions for blue-chip organisations; identifying, architecting and implementing contemporary digital technology solutions in support of digital transformation initiatives.
- An experienced solution architect / digital CTO, able to help assess our current digital technology maturity, identify gaps and shape a comprehensive, end-to-end digital blueprint and technology roadmap.
- Gain trust and act as a trusted adviser by senior management with credibility developed through a track record of creating successful technology solutions that support organisational strategic vision and goals.
- Able to bring to bear extensive knowledge of architectural patterns, technology components, vendor solutions and emerging technology trends on digital solution development in one or more industries.
- A confident written and verbal communicator, able to clearly explain digital ideas to non-technical audiences, and work effectively with non-technical colleagues and business executives.
- A respected technical design authority for digital transformation initiatives, practiced at managing technology issues and risks, able to deliver a responsive, reliable, manageable and secure technology solution.
- Consulting experience, gained with a leading professional services or systems integration firm, enriched with client side implementation experience.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of digital trends and challenges across multiple industries (particularly Financial Services), gained through project experience, publication of thought leadership, articles, client recommendation, etc.
- Proven experience in providing technical leadership on complex, digital and front-office transformation initiatives, driving and overseeing mixed technical teams to deliver the work.
- Technically credible with experience of layered architecture, microservices, API driven approached, enterprise mobile, mobile stack development, big data, machine learning or artificial intelligence technologies.
This is a Permanent role for the Solution Architect working for a Top company. To apply to the Solution Architect Role please send a CV or call to discuss.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age