MSS Infrastructure Engineer
Our Managed Security Services (MSS) business area delivers a range of cyber security services, with a particular focus on protecting organisations that are threatened by sophisticated targeted attacks. This role is part of Applied Intelligence’s Security Operations Centre (SOC) which is based on a strong 40 year heritage, and monitors a varied customer base, providing exposure to a wide range of security products, attack groups and cyber threats.
This opportunity is well suited to a hands-on, experienced, and passionate Infrastructure Engineer who'd enjoy the challenge of developing the cyber security capability of our organisation, through the development and support of key infrastructure and service enabling components.
What you’ll be doing
You will perform continual service improvement activities through your involvement in internal project roadmap implementations and designs, as well as supporting customer transition activities. You will be working within the Infrastructure Team focused on supporting new infrastructure and service design, implementation and handover into operational support.
What we’re looking for
You will have proven technical expertise within one or more of the following areas:
- Linux Systems Administration/Implementation/Design/Support
- Broad understanding of Administering & Supporting Microsoft environments
- Virtualisation Administration/Implementation/Design (VMWare)
- Cloud Administration/Implementation/Design
- Experience of working in a Microsoft Azure environment
- Networking (Firewalls/Proxy/IPS/Routing)
- Infrastructure Deployment (Puppet/CloudFormation)
- Scripting Experience (Python/Powershell)
- Big Data Platform/Hadoop
- Elastic Search
- CA Siteminder
Your background will demonstrate experience aligned to the following statements:
- Significant proven experience in an Infrastructure Support, Administration and Design capability
- Demonstrable experience working to tight timelines to deliver infrastructure design and/or implementations against requirements
- Proven experience supporting, deploying and troubleshooting Enterprise Server OS platforms
- Excellent understanding on key infrastructure architecture concepts including: SAN/NAS/Networking/Reverse Proxy/Client Server
- Experience working to Secure Design practises including vulnerability remediation and system hardening
Security Clearance is required for this vacancy. If you are not currently Security Cleared, you will need to be eligible for this and willing to go through the process. For more guidance on National Security Vetting please click here.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we’re constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we’ll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you’ll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
We'll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you'll be much more than just a job title; you'll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Staying competitive in today’s global marketplace requires an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.