As someone with a passion for understanding and defeating the latest online threats, you’ll use your knowledge to protect our clients and grow our operations. In return, you’ll be at the cutting edge of new technology, learning new skills and gaining certifications that are recognised and respected across the industry.
Our advanced Security Operations Centre (SOC) uses a combination of established solutions and cutting-edge internally developed technology to protect IT networks from a wide range of cyber threats on a 24x7x365 basis, with a particular focus on protecting organisations that are threatened by sophisticated targeted attacks. This includes operational responsibility for all in-life services delivered to customers across a wide variety of market sectors.
This is a shift based role which is responsible for analysing and responding to all security and service related events on a 24x7 basis. The role is ‘hands-on’, with a requirement to carry out cyber analysis activities as part of your day to day duties.
What you’ll be doing
Working within the SOC, you will play a key role in helping to protect customer’s IT networks from cyber attack. Your responsibilities will include:
- Monitor and analyse Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Anomaly Detection Systems (ADS), Firewall event logs, and Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) toolset event logs to identify security attacks and threats for remediation/suppression.
- Assist in Computer Security Incident Response activities for large organisations; work with 1st, 2nd and 3rd line security analysts (internal and external) to identify various malicious threats in enterprise environments.
- Review attack information from other Analysts in preparation for release or onward review.
- Recognise potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analysis of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Assist in creating use cases for new content, or recommendations on existing content.
- Ensure timely accurate communications of alerts to IT, Network or Security groups regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
- Assist Senior Analysts with the implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Although not directly accountable for changes to policy and guidelines, you will be required to make recommendations to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency.
What we’re looking for
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and evidence of working well with others in a structured team environment.
- Outstanding analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to interact with customers and technical team members in a professional manner.
- Skilled in Incident Response and IDS monitoring, and an understanding of attacks and the threat landscape.
- A foundation of network and security skills with fundamental knowledge of Windows, Linux and Unix.
- Relevant security certifications including SSCP, CEH, Security, GCIH.
- Experience with SIEM or Service Desk toolsets.
- Evidence of working to SLAs within a Security Operations Centre.
- Previous experience of working within a shift based structure as part of a 24x7x365 service delivery environment is advantageous.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we’re constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we’ll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you’ll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
We'll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you'll be much more than just a job title; you'll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Staying competitive in today’s global marketplace requires an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.